The Learning Disabilities Association of Illinois is making scholarship funds available to students who are enrolled in a special education teacher preparation program.
- Applicant must be a resident of the state of Illinois.
- Applicant must provide evidence of acceptance into a special education teacher-training program.
- Applicant must complete all forms.
- The LDA of IL Scholarship Committee selects scholarship recipients.
- The amount of the scholarship is $300.00 and 1 year free membership to LDA of IL. The scholarship money will be sent directly to the institution. This scholarship money can only be used for the purpose of future tuition and books.
- The application DEADLINE is Wednesday, 3/29/2023. All application materials and references received after that date will not be considered. Please allow five (5) days for mailing. For additional information, contact the LDA/IL office at 708-430-7532. Winners will be notified in June 2023. The Scholarship check will be sent directly to the Financial Aid Office of the college upon verification of student enrollment into a special education teacher preparation program.
- Two current references dated January 2023, or later, are required, including at least one from a college/university faculty member. The reference letters should be addressed to the LDA of IL Scholarship Committee. The Personal Reference form may be duplicated to suit your needs, or a separate letter of reference may be included. Please do not include a relative as a reference. Do not exceed two references.
- Applicant must include an official sealed transcript(s).
- ALL requested information must be included with application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
When all scholarship requirements are completed, please send to:
Learning Disabilities Association of Illinois
Attention: Scholarship Committee
10101 S. Roberts Road, Suite 205
Palos Hills, Illinois 60465-1556